A lot of people have been asking me, “what is the Seinfeld font in the logo?”, or “where can I get the Seinfeld font?”. You ask and you shall receive…
The exact font they used for the Seinfeld logo does not appear to be readily available, as it was specifically designed for the show.
Also, the logo/font for seasons 1 and 2 are different than the remaining seasons (3-9).
However, from some research, it looks like you can get a very similar font called ‘ITC Fenice Oblique‘. This is a commercial font and can be purchased here for $29. Using this font, all you need to do is just scale the lettering horizontally by 90% and then the text should look spot on.
If you want to go the free route, give this a try…
- Use the font ‘Gloucester MT Extra Condensed‘.
- Italicize it, to get that ‘shifty’ look.
- Swap the letter ‘i’ for the number ‘1’.
- Reduce the size of the ‘1’ so it resembles the same size as the rest of the letters.
- Add in an upside down triangle.
- The specific colors for the text, background circle, and upside triangle differ season by season. Examples from each are below…
This will give you something very similar to the Seinfeld font.